Miamimx and Mesa Race Rules
RACE WEEKEND (TENTATIVE) SCHEDULE
- Saturday Practice from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Gates open at 8:00 AM)
- $30 for members ~ $40 for non-members ~ $5 for spectators (5 & under are free)
- Sunday (Race Day) Gates open at 7:00 AM. Registration is from 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM
- Rider Fees $35 for the first class ~ $25 for each additional class ~ $50 Money Class
- Race day admission (at gate) is $15 per person. Spectators age 5 & under are free. ALL riders must pay admission regardless of age. No refunds.
- Mandatory Riders Meeting 8:30 AM – Practice starts immediately after riders meeting
- Tentative Practice Order: 1) Expert/Intermediate, 2) Novice/Beginner, 3) 65cc, 4) All Age Classes, 5) 85cc, 6) Pee Wee, and 7) Quads
- THE RACE ORDER will be posted ON DAY OF RACE after all race entries have been entered into system. The race order will be posted after practice is completed. (It is the responsibility of the racers to check the race order and be ready for the first race in the event they are in it).
- Races will begin promptly after race order is posted and national anthem.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – NO BEER – NO DRUGS OF ANY KIND
- All dogs must be leashed at all times
- No open fires
- Don’t go beyond trespassing signs
- Do not block fire lanes for any reason!
- All minors are required to have a notarized parental and medical release
- You will be asked to leave if you can’t comply to rules
- Convenience stores for gas & food are located approximately 7 miles away (10 min drive):
- North: 21250 Sheridan Street, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33332
- South by SR 27: 13895 West Okeechobee Road, Hialeah Gardens, FL 33018
- The Miamimx series uses a 25 point method for assigning series points.
- Finish positions are determined by overall points. Series points will be awarded based on the overall finish position of the rider after 2 motos. (Points will no longer be assigned per moto). Overall finish position is determined by adding together the finish in Moto 1 + Moto 2.
- Series end ties are broken by:
- Whoever got first in the most races.
- If a tie still exists, the tie is broken by whoever did best in the most recent race or moto.
- The race schedule will be posted ON DAY OF RACE after all race entries have been entered into system. We will be running our series in the traditional format, and will no longer have a pre-printed race schedule. After the race schedule is posted and the national anthem has completed, the first race will begin. It is the responsibility of the racers to check the race order and be ready for the first race in the event they are in it.
- DNF (Did Not Finish) & DNS (Did Not Start)
- The Miamimx series assigns a DNF to racers who do not complete first lap in moto.
- For racers who complete at least one full lap but then crash out of moto, a last place position will be assigned. If more than one racer crashes after completing one full lap, the last place positions are assigned based on the number of laps that each completed. Someone who completed 3 laps would place higher than someone who only completed 2 laps. If two or more riders DNF in the same lap, their finish positions would be assigned based on the positions that they were in during the previous lap. So if 2 riders DNF in lap 3, we will look back to lap 2. The rider who had the better position in lap 2 would receive the better finish position for that moto.
Our principal statement at Miami Motocross Park is to “race, learn, have fun and a great time.” If you are not aligned with this statement, simply you don’t belong to our motocross community in South Florida